All Parnell Institute EMDR training participants must be licensed mental health practitioners in their states or provinces. Participants must be able to practice independently, meaning they have their state’s approval to practice legally without supervision. All participants must submit a current, valid license number in order to register for the training. Participants must meet these eligibility requirements at the time of registration and payment.
Qualifying participants include:
- Medical doctors with a medical specialty in Psychiatry and must be licensed to practice in their states or provinces.
- Nursing or higher with a specialization in psychiatric nursing and must be licensed to practice independently* in their states or provinces.
- Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be licensed to practice independently* in their states or provinces. (Meaning – the participant has a current license to practice mental health issued by the Office of the Professions of their State, County or similar governing body and can practice legally without supervision.)
The following practitioners are acceptable mental health practitioners. All participants must submit their license in order to register:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
- Psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D, Ed.D)
- Psychiatrists MD – specialization in Psychiatry
- Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCAT)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC)
- Licensed Psychoanalyst – licensing requirements as per the Office of the Professions
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
The Parnell Institute for EMDR reserves the right to cancel the registration of any registrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements for EMDR training.
Please note that the Parnell Institute for EMDR is no longer accepting mental health interns or unlicensed mental health professionals into our trainings.