I am a psychotherapist and licensed as a clinical social worker (LCSW) in New York and received an M.S. from Columbia University. My office is located at Columbus Circle in Manhattan.
My clinical orientation comes from the neurobiological point of view in counseling with the belief that we can change our brains to achieve a more satisfying life. In addition, attachment theory or how we are connected or mis-connected to others is also an important part of my approach to this work.
In childhood our nervous system has to adapt to sometimes less than optimal environments. The adaptations helped get us through our challenging childhood but can cause communication difficulties in our adult relationships. I have the following certifications:
- Certified sex therapist by American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Certified therapist in EMDR by EMDR International Association
I am also trained in Emotionally Focused couples therapy and Neurofeedback.
Years in Practice: 12
- EMDR Certified
Approving / Certifying Organization: EMDRIA
- Panic/Anxiety Disorders
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual/Physical/Emotional Abuse
- Sexuality/Relationship Issues
Date completed basic EMDR training: 2015
Trainer: Laurel Parnell